Yet another year, and yet another Javazone. As always, lots of food, new people, old friends and many interesting talks. Long story short, here is my top-5 of the most entertaining talks:
- Java 8 JVM Memory and Thread Management by Ken Sipe – a very good explanation of the Java memory model and some practical tips.
- Coding Culture by Sven Peters – a set of very good suggestions on how to create a great work place for developers.
- The Rule of Three by Kevlin Henney – as always, a hilarious talk about everything and nothing.
- Building a Carputer: Java and teh Automotive Internet of Things by Simon Ritter – Java, Raspberry Pi and an Audi S3 - how awesome can it be?
- Production time profiling On-Demand with Java Flight Recorder by Klara Ward – nuff said!
Two more talks for those specially interested in the JVM internals:
And two more interesting talks for my Norwegian-speaking friends:
- Skrivetips for utviklere by June Henriksen.
- Anbefalinger fra Apache Mahout til Spark MLlib på 4 steg i FINN.no by Helge Jenssen.
These and other presentations and lightning talks can be found here.