Flutter is a great Google SDK allowing effortless creation of mobile apps with native interfaces on iOS and Android. To install it follow the official installation instructions. Here are a few additional tips for Mac and Windows:
- If you are using fish, add
set PATH /Users/simonj/flutter/bin $PATHto your
- For android emulation support install Androind Studio and create a new emulated device, lets call it Pixel_2_API_26. To launch the emulator, run
~/Library/Android/sdk/tools/emulator -avd Pixel_2_API_26on Mac or
C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\emulator\emulator.exe -avd Pixel_2_API_26on Windows.
- Disabling Hyper-V may help if you experience Windows crashes when running Android emulator.
- Some useful commands:
- flutter doctor # helps to diagnose problems, install missing components, etc.
- flutter build apk # builds apk
- flutter install -d
# installs apk to a device. to use your actual phone, mount the phone with usb debug enabled
- flutter devices # to list devices
- To use visual studio code, follow these instructions or just run
code .from your flutter terminal/project and install Flutter and Dart plugins.
- Check out awesome-flutter for example and inspiration!